Joyner is originally from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He was born to Kevin Joyner and Dina Joyner-Gantz (née Blohm), who is of German descent. He has an older sister named Luka and, through his mother's current marriage, two stepsiblings named Hannah and Hayden.
While watching a friend's performance at a theatre, Joyner was encouraged to audition for the theatre's next production by the theatre director. He landed the role and then fell in love with acting.
He starred in more performances and productions, including To Kill a Mockingbird, The Wizard of Oz, and How to Succeed in Business..., at the theatre as well as other places before going to Los Angeles to expand his career. He got a script for 100 Things to Do Before High School, which he thought was funny. He then booked the lead role of Crispo Powers before meeting his agent. The show premiered in 2014 before starting its original run in 2015.
|2014–present||100 Things to Do Before High School||Crispo Powers||Lead role|
|2016||It's On!||TV movie|
|2015||The Veil||Mountain tribe boy|
He plays in a band called The Daze.
He is currently dating Maeve Tomalty, who plays Bianca on Nickelodeon's Henry Danger.
- His hobbies include music, drumming, and long-boarding.
- He likes classic rock music.
- His résumé lists his special skills as musicals, stage performance, baseball, snowboarding, tennis, hip hop, jazz, drums, modeling, percussion, singing, and fluent in German.
- His favorite super heroes include the Avengers.
- It was hard for him to balance acting on the show and school work at first.
- He would like to go to film school and direct when he's older.
| To view the Owen Joyner gallery, click here.